Experts in diagnosing and treating disorders and diseases related to the digestive system, Waccamaw Gastroenterology’s board-certified gastroenterologists draw from their backgrounds and experience to provide each patient with an individualized, coordinated plan of ongoing care for the best quality of life.
Three convenient office locations and two state-of-the-art endoscopy centers round out the high-level commitment this group makes to their community and beyond, while they also take special care to ensure patient comfort at every step.
- Colonoscopy – a lower gastrointestinal endoscopy test to examine the lower intestine or bowel using a high-definition colonoscope
- EGD – an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy test to examine the lining of the esophagus, stomach and first part of the small intestine using a state-of-the-art gastroscope
- Small bowel capsule endoscopy – a test that views inside the small intestine using a wireless video camera small enough to swallow
- Hepatitis C treatment
Key areas of interest and expertise:
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Liver disease
- Celiac disease
- Inflammatory bowel diseases – Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis
For the Murrells Inlet office or Highway 544 office, call 843-652-8290.
For the Georgetown office, call 843-527-3428.
Referrals from your primary care physician, OB/GYN or other healthcare provider are welcome, but not necessary.
Murrells Inlet location: Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Georgetown location: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Highway 544 (Socastee/Surfside Beach Communities) location: Wednesday, 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
Waccamaw Gastroenterology – Murrells Inlet
Waccamaw Medical Park–West ▪ 4040 Highway 17 Bypass, Suite302 ▪ Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
(Tel)843-652-8290 (Fax) 843-652-8299
Waccamaw Gastroenterology – Highway 544 (Socastee/Surfside Beach communities)
4301Dick Pond Road ▪ Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
(Tel) 843-652-8290 (Fax) 843-652-8299
Waccamaw Gastroenterology – Georgetown
1011North Fraser Street ▪ Georgetown, SC 29440
(Tel) 843-527-3428 (Fax) 843-436-0223
Treating patients 18 years of age and older.
Waccamaw Gastroenterology accepts most large healthcare plans, including Medicare and Medicaid.
Through grant assistance, Dr. Ballou, Dr. Orchard, Dr. Orr, Dr. Poland and Dr. Raynor work with local clinics to provide screening colonoscopies.