With more than 50 years of combined experience in surgical care, the general surgeons of Surgical Specialists of Waccamaw bring skill and expertise to the comprehensive treatment of patients with injuries and illnesses involving a wide range of systems and anatomical regions.
And, this surgical practice is the FIRST in the area to use single incision laparoscopic surgical (SILS™) techniques for cholecystectomy, appendectomy and hernia repairs. The technique has tremendous patient benefits including minimized pain, rapid recovery and potential for minimal scarring since the procedure uses a very small, single incision through the belly button.
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery
- Hernia repair
- Gallbladder surgery
- Thyroid and parathyroid disease surgical procedures
- Endoscopy and colonoscopy
- Surgical treatments for gastrointestinal diseases including GERD,
biliary disease, benign and malignant conditions of bowel and colon
- Comprehensive vascular care, both arterial and venous disease
- Chronic wound care
- Skin cancer/melanoma assessment and surgery
- Other general surgical procedures
For more information, call 843-652-8390.
Office hours are Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Georgetown address and phone:
Surgical Specialists of Waccamaw
469 Marina Drive
Georgetown, SC 29440
(Tel) 843-520-8780 (Fax) 843-520-8781
Murrells Inlet address and phone:
4367 Riverwood Drive, Suite 130
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
(Tel) 843-652-8390 (Fax) 843-652-8399
Surgical Specialists of Waccamaw accepts all insurances.
Dr. Metz and Dr. Lalla participate in a community outreach plan to provide vascular screenings.